PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The best sugar cookie recipe!




I love to bake and I love sugar cookies, they are my favorite, although chocolate chip are right up there, and oatmeal not far behind! I love the sugar cookies you get in the mall, but because I am allergic to peanuts I cannot eat them anymore. I have ben looking for a good sugar cookie recipe like that one for along time, but haven't been able to find one until now! I made them tonight and they are delicious, just in time for holiday baking. I wouldn't reccommend them for cutout cookies because they are sticky, but they would be great iced with sprinkles in holiday colors.


Here is the recipe: Preheat oven to 375
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sugar (for later)
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl set aside. Mix butter in mixer until soft, add sugar, brown sugar, and egg. Mix well then add egg. After beating sugar and butter mixture add in flour.
Take two spoons and put medium size dollops on cookie sheet, bake for 5-8 minutes or until done depending on your oven.
Cool on rack and enjoy!
Happy Baking.

2 comments:

pve design said...

I adore sugar cookies too.
I look forward to the holidays and baking batches to give in little tins!
pve

vicki archer said...

sounds delicious...i will be saving this recipe, xv.

 
Designed by Posh Palm Web Design